Whether you’re planning on becoming a mother soon or you’re pregnant, prenatal vitamins can support the health of you and your baby. These natural supplements can ensure that mother and child are getting the essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients they need to achieve optimal wellness before and after pregnancy.
So what are the best prenatal vitamins available in Canada? Keep reading to discover the best vitamins for pregnancy.
The Best Prenatal Vitamins Available in Canada
Pregnancy can be one of the biggest challenges you’ll ever face, so taking a few extra steps to ensure the health of your baby can put your mind at ease. To help you on your journey and remain in the best of health, check out the best prenatal vitamins in Canada:
1. BestVitamin Best Prenatal Multivitamin: A brand new product to the market, BestVitamin provides therapeutic doses of a variety of nutrients to prevent vitamin and mineral deficiencies before, during and after pregnancy. It’s not compressed with binders, which means it’ll provide superior levels of absorption, and it comes in a vegetable capsule for easy digestion. BestVitamin Best Prenatal Multivitamins are perfect for any expectant mom as they’re free from gluten, dairy, soy, yeast and citrus, as well as free from any preservatives, artificial colours or flavours. For the maximum benefit, take three capsules daily with food. Just avoid taking any other medications for at least a few hours when taking the prenatal multivitamin.
2. Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal: Vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free, these prenatal vitamins include probiotics, ginger, vitamin D and zinc to support the immune systems of both mother and child. Of those additional ingredients, ginger has been proven effective in treating nausea and vomiting during pregnancy, helping to support moms throughout their entire pregnancy. While you’ll pay slightly more for this product, you’ll be getting some of the best multivitamins for pregnancy available in Canada. Adults should take three capsules per day with or without food. These capsules may be opened too.
3. New Chapter Perfect Prenatal Multivitamin: These multivitamins contain 100% of your daily iron needs, but they’re gentle on your body — something incredibly important as you carry another life around inside you. Iron deficiency is the most prevalent nutrient deficiency in the world, and iron levels can be further depleted during pregnancy. With added ginger, these multivitamins can reduce nausea, helping you to have a more comfortable pregnancy. They’re kosher, vegetarian, and made with completely non-GMO ingredients. They should be taken three times daily and at any time, even on an empty stomach.
4. Platinum Easymulti Prenatal: If you’re looking for a multivitamin that supports fertility when trying to conceive, Platinum Easymulti Prenatal softgels make a great choice. Each softgel is rich in DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) — an omega-3 fatty acid that helps with brain and eye development — and folic acid, which can reduce the likelihood of birth defects. These supplements also include vitamin D, iron and calcium to support the baby’s development. Plus, you have the added convenience of only needing to take one softgel per day.
5. Progressive Multivitamin, Prenatal Formula: Perfect for people planning to become pregnant, these prenatal multivitamins assist in the development of healthy eggs and strengthen immune function, helping you get the best start on your exciting new journey. They contain folic acid, DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), cranberry and ginger, so you’ll be getting an inexpensive yet complete solution with Progressive Multivitamin Prenatal Formula — although they aren’t currently available in a gluten-free format.
Getting the Best for Your Baby
Keeping yourself healthy while carrying a child is no mean feat. Eating well, staving off cravings, getting some light exercise and ensuring that you and your baby are getting the right nutrition can be stressful, which is why we believe in “Better Health Made Simple.”
If you’re looking for the best solution to optimize your health before conception, while you’re pregnant or even after birth, you can rely on Vitamart.ca to bring you the best prenatal multivitamins from the most reputable brands at the lowest prices. We’ll support you and your baby every step of the way by helping you achieve better health the easy way.
Looking for the best way to support your baby’s development? Check out our full range of prenatal vitamins today, and get fast and free shipping on orders over $59.