Following the strawberry valentine’s day theme, there is something about Chocolate Covered Strawberries that just screams Valentine’s Day! This sweet treat recipe can be adapted in so many ways and you can really customize it and make it your own while having fun in the process!
- Chocolate of choice (1 pack of chocolate chips or 2 chocolate bars, dark, white, or milk, whatever you prefer!)
- Carton of Strawberries
Topping Ingredients Ideas:
- Sea Salt
- Scor chips
- Chopped Nuts (peanuts, pistachios, pecans, cashews, etc.)
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Mini chocolate chips (any flavor)
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Crushed Oreo cookies
- Melted white chocolate
- Crushed candy canes
- Wash strawberries and pat dry
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Prepare your toppings of choice
- Put your chocolate chips or bar (if you are using a bar break it into small squares) into a microwave safe bowl and microwave at 10 second intervals, stirring in between, until fully melted.
- Dip your strawberries in the chocolate and make sure it is fully coated and place on the baking sheet
- Add your toppings! Get creative and have fun with your topping combinations
- Place strawberries in the fridge for 1-2 hours before enjoying
Additional Tips for Perfect Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
How to properly drizzle layers of chocolate:
- If you are drizzling white chocolate over your dipped strawberries, let the base layer of chocolate set first by putting them in the fridge for 15 minutes, then drizzle!
Choose the best Strawberries:
- The strawberries you pick should be ripe and red but not over ripe. The more red on the strawberry the better!
Use Room Temperature Strawberries:
- Leave your strawberries out for at least 30 minutes before dipping and decorating. Make sure to wash the strawberries very well and gently pat them completely dry with a paper towel before dipping them. If the strawberries are wet, the chocolate won’t set properly
We hope you enjoyed this fun Valentine's Day inspired treat! We would love to know what your favourite toppings are in the comments below!