SISU Vitamin C and D (500mg and 500IU), 120 Tablets
- Buy 3 for $18.57 each and save 2%
- Buy 6 for $18.38 each and save 3%
- Buy 12 for $18.00 each and save 5%
SISU Vitamin C Plus D Details
An antioxidant for the maintenance of good health. Helps in the development and maintenance of bones, cartilage, teeth and gums. Helps in connective tissue formation and wound healing.
Vitamin C is a water-soluble antioxidant and one of the best researched nutrients. It is found in fruits and vegetables, but it is easily destroyed by heat, cooking, processing, and storage and rapidly eliminated from our system in the urine, therefore we must ensure an adequate daily intake to stay healthy. Inadequate levels of vitamin C may be seen in cases of physical and mental stress, seniors, and those with chronic conditions, including cardiovascular disease, asthma, arthritis and age-related eye disease. Vitamin C is best known for strengthening the immune system by supporting and improving white blood cell function. It is also essential for the proper formation of collagen and helps to reduce histamine release in the body, thereby relieving allergy symptoms.
Vitamin D is produced naturally when our skin is exposed to strong sunlight. However, in the northern hemisphere this type of natural light is not available during much of the year, therefore Canadians are at a greater risk of deficiency. Other at-risk groups include seniors, people with darker skin, vegans, and those on a low protein diet. Health professionals in Canada estimate that increased vitamin D blood levels would reduce incidence of a variety of conditions, including cardiovascular diseases, multiple sclerosis, pneumonia, and certain cancers. Adequate levels of both vitamin C and vitamin D are important for the prevention of many chronic health conditions.
SISU Vitamin C Plus D Product Information
- Therapeutic potency of 500 mg of vitamin C and 500 IU of vitamin D per caplet
- Pure ascorbic acid form of vitamin C, buffered with calcium and magnesium to be more gentle on the stomach
- Each caplet provides 150 mg of calcium and 50 mg of magnesium
- Daily dose of 2 caplets provides the maximum 1,000 IU of Vitamin D3
- Vitamin D is essential to calcium absorption and helps support bone density and helps reduce fractures
SISU Vitamin C Plus D Advantages
- Easy-to-swallow caplets
- Caplets dissolve when stirred in hot water for people who prefer not to swallow pills
- Contains no ingredients that are a source of gluten
- Tested for guaranteed purity and potency
- Good Manufacturing Practices standards
- NPN approved
Take 1 SISU Vitamin C Plus D tablet 2 times per day or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Serving Size: 1 Tablet
Servings per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
|Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)||500 mg||†|
|Vitamin D (cholecalciferol) equivalent to 500 IU vitamin D3||12.5 mcg|
* Percent daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet
† Daily Value not established
Note: Serving Sizes are rounded to the nearest whole serving
Additional Ingredients: Calcium carbonate (150 mg), magnesium carbonate (50 mg), microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, silicon dioxide, stearic acid (vegetable), magnesium stearate (vegetable), hypromellose.
Warning: Keep bottle tightly closed. Store away from direct heat and moisture. Do not exceed recommended dose. Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged. When using nutritional supplements, please inform your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating. If you have a bad reaction to product discontinue use immediately.