SISU Kiddie Cal Chewable Kids Calcium 250mg with Vitamin D, 90 Star Shaped Tablets
SISU Kiddie Cal Details
Helps in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth. A factor in the maintenance of good health.
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body and even though it is found in various food sources, such as dairy products, green leafy vegetables, and nuts, the studies show that children do not often meet the recommended daily intake of calcium in their diet. Children have unique nutritional needs due to their rapidly growing bodies and calcium is crucial during the growing years as it contributes to peak bone mass. Research shows that people who achieve and maintain healthy peak bone mass are at lesser risk of bone loss and osteoporosis later in life. There are a number of reasons for an inadequate calcium intake by children, including picky eating, poor dietary choices, lactose intolerance or consumption of foods and beverages that deplete calcium levels, such as caffeine and sugar-rich sodas. A daily calcium supplement is a convenient and reliable way to ensure that children are taking enough calcium to build strong bones and teeth.
SISU Kiddie Cal Product Information
- High potency formula of calcium citrate and calcium carbonate and vitamin D3
- Calcium carbonate is easily absorbed in children and young people, it is less gritty and has a smooth texture compared to some other forms
- Calcium citrate is considered to be better absorbed in adults, but children have higher gastric acid in their stomach and are able to digest both calcium carbonate and calcium citrate without digestive problems
- Magnesium is not included in the formula in order to avoid potential stomach upset in younger children
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) derived from lanolin from sheep’s wool
- Vitamin D is essential to calcium absorption and helps to support bone density
- Adequate vitamin D levels are important for daily health and also help prevent future health problems
SISU Kiddie Cal Advantages
- Chewable, star-shaped, happy-face tablets
- Natural black cherry fizz flavour
- All natural sweeteners and flavours
- Shellfish free calcium
- Contains no ingredients that are a source of gluten
- Good Manufacturing Practices standards
- Tested for guaranteed potency and purity
- NPN approved
Dosage: Children 4 years and over: Chew 2 – 3 SISU Kiddie Cal tablets daily or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Serving Size: 1 Vcap
Servings per Container: 90
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
|Calcium (calcium carbonate & calcium citrate)||250 mg||†|
|Vitamin D (cholecalciferol) equivalent to 200 IU of vitamin D3 activity||5 mcg|
* Percent daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet
† Daily Value not established
Note: Serving Sizes are rounded to the nearest whole serving
Additional Ingredients: Citric acid, fructose, dextrose, cherry juice concentrate, natural cherry flavour, natural prosweet, stevia extract, stearic acid (vegetable), magnesium stearate (vegetable).
Allergy Information: Contains no dairy, peanuts, artificial flavours, artificial sweeteners, artificial colours or preservatives.
Warning: Store in a cool, dry place. Keep in bottle. As with any dietary or herbal supplement, you should advise your health care practitioner of the use of this product. Use only as directed. Always read the label.