Organika Pomegranate 225mg, 60 Vegetarian Capsules
Organika Pomegranate Details
- Sweet Ripened
- 100% natural
- Naturally derived sugars
- Free of artificial preservatives, colours & sweeteners
- Rich antioxidant source
- Supports total body health
The Pomegranate has been consumed by various civilizations for centuries, but we are just tapping into the health benefits of this sweet exotic fruit. Some health benefits linked to consuming Pomegranate juice include heart health, premature aging and cholesterol levels. Mix up some today!
What's Good About Organika Pomegranate?
- Pomegranate has been shown to contain a number of powerful antioxidant compounds including polyphenolics and anthocyanidins.
- Pomegranate juice typically contains more polyphenols than red wine, blueberry, cranberry, green tea, or orange juice.
- Pomegranate is especially high in Punicosides, which has been shown to support healthy cellular function.
- Pomegranate seed extract contains polyphenols and fatty acids, including punicic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid, oleic acid, and linoleic acid. It is these polyphenols that are believed to possess cardio-protective properties.
- Numerous studies have shown the exotic pomegranate to be helpful in improving several markers of atherosclerosis, such as reducing oxidation of LDL ("bad") cholesterol and lowering blood pressure.
What is an Antioxidant?
Antioxidants are nutrients that help to protect your body from the damage caused by free radicals - the toxic molecules that play a role in the development of diseases from cataracts to heart disease to arthritis. While our bodies produce some of these free radicals as the "garbage" from some its natural processes, we are now exposed to more and more of them from our environment than ever before.
The chemical pollution of our air and water now leave us exposed to very powerful free radicals that we have never been exposed to in the past. In combination with the nutrient depletion of our foods from modern chemical agriculture, we now also get less of the important nutrients from it that would normally help our immune systems fight these chemical invaders. This is why many nutritional doctors recommend their patients take supplements of antioxidants.
How Antioxidants Protect Your Cells:
When a free radical enters your body, it is attracted to the cells that make up the different tissues of it just like a magnet to metal. It then bonds to parts of the cell, which causes it to deteriorate in a way similar to that which oxygen causes metal to rust. If the cell gets damaged enough, it dies. Worse yet, if the cell DNA is damaged and then the cell reproduces, it reproduces abnormally as a result. When this happens to our skin, we get wrinkles; when it happens to our oxygen carrying blood vessels, we get hardening of the arteries; when it happens to our joints, we get arthritis.
Antioxidants work by bonding with the free radical before it can bond to the cells of your body, thus neutralizing it. This now harmless substance is then deconstructed or merely excreted.
Take 1 Organika Pomegranate 225mg capsule two times per day with meals and a glass of water.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Pomegranate Fruit Extract Powder (Punica granatum)
(Standardized to contain 40% Ellagic Acid)
* Percent daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet
† Daily Value not established
Note: Serving Sizes are rounded to the nearest whole serving
Additional Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, silica, hypromellose/Pullulan (vegetarian capsule)
Allergy Information: Contains no dairy, egg, artificial preservatives, colours, artificial sweeteners, wheat, soya, or corn.
Warning: Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 4 weeks. Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.