Genestra Cod Liver Oil Forte
As low as $39.00
Genestra Cod Liver Oil Forte Details
Cod Liver Oil Forte is a great-tasting, pharmaceutical grade fish oil containing high concentrations of DHA and EPA and also providing vitamins A and D. Using only the finest quality cod liver oil from the Arctic seas of Scandinavia, this formula is specifically formulated for support and maintenance of cardiovascular and neurological health. Studies have shown that EPA supports the cardiovascular system by inhibiting platelet aggregation, lowering serum triglyceride levels, and regulating blood pressure. It is also important in regulating immune and inflammatory responses. Research shows that DHA plays a crucial role in supporting the nervous system by repairing and regenerating neural tissue, thereby affecting retinal, visual, learning and memory function and affecting the mood. DHA has been shown to benefit inflammatory conditions such as skin conditions and joint inflammation. Cod liver oil providing EPA and DHA has been shown to: benefit cardiovascular systems; supports nervous system conditions; and support normal brain development and visual function. It also helps support inflammatory conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and joint inflammation.
Genestra Cod Liver Oil Forte Features and Benefits
Cod liver oil is a source of omega-3 fatty acids, and naturally contains high levels of vitamins A and D to help support healthy eyes, bones, and brain. Vitamin A is needed for the production of rhodopsin, a pigment found in rod cells that aids in low-light vision. Omega-3 fatty acids are necessary for the proper development of retinal structure and visual acuity in infants as rods and cones in the eye require DHA for proper function. DHA is also essential to support pre- and postnatal brain development, as significant levels are present on neuronal synapses. Vitamin D helps to support bone growth in children and maintain bone health in adults. Recent research indicates that 600 IU of vitamin D per day helps maximize bone health in adolescents and adults.
- Supports healthy bone growth, and helps support the development of the brain and nerves in children up to 12 years of age
- DHA plays a critical role in supporting the nervous system affecting retinal, visual, learning, memory function and mood.
- Specifically formulated for support and maintenance of cardiovascular and neurological health
- Supports the maintenance of cognitive function and healthy bones, teeth, eyesight and skin
- Clean, great-tasting citrus (orange) flavour without fishy after taste or odour
- Also includes 2667 IU of vitamin A and 300 IU of vitamin D per teaspoon
- Provides 466 mg of DHA and 377 mg of EPA per teaspoon
- Benefits skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis
- Pharmaceutical grade oil sourced from wild fish
- Rich, natural concentration of DHA and EPA
- Great source of vitamin A and D
Adults and Adolescents (over 13 years): Take one teaspoon two times daily with meals or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
Children (4-13 years): Take one teaspoon daily with a meal or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
Infants and Children (2 months-3 years): Take ½ teaspoon daily with a meal or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
|Serving Size: 1 Teaspoon (5 ml)
Servings per Container: 65
Icelandic Cod Liver Oil (from Atlantic cod, Gadus morhua)
EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)
DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)
|850 mcg RAE|
|7 mcg (280 IU)|
* Percent daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet
† Daily Value not established
Note: Serving Sizes are rounded to the nearest whole serving
Sunflower Oil, Organic Sweet Orange Oil, Organic Lemon Oil, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Mixed Tocopherols Concentrate