Organic products are more popular than ever, with more choices in organics popping up every day. Nowadays, you can find organics in soaps, skin care products, clothing, and of course, all of your food choices. You may also notice that organics are somewhat more expensive than regular products, so is it worth your money to buy organics?
What are organics?
Organics basically encompass an organic standard in the growing and cultivation of the food or product. When it comes to organics choices in foods, they should be grown without pesticides for a minimum of three years to be certified as 100% USDA organic. Organics provide the opportunity for you to protect yourself and your family by minimizing chemicals and pesticides, which can affect your food and your health if ingested or used topically in skin care products. Again, it is always important to read organics labels if you are considering organics products since not all ingredients advertised within an item labeled as organics will be beneficial. It pays to be a savvy shopper when it comes to organics!
Be mindful of your organics purchases.
There are specific organics that should be purchased as opposed to other items, offering greater benefits in your everyday lifestyle. That being said, not everything that you purchase needs to be organics to see the maximum benefits in your health and daily life.
To get you started, here are the top seven items to purchase as organics for the best investment of your time, money, and health:
- Buy organic meat.
- Purchasing meat items that are organics will protect you from a number of additives, including hormones used for growth and antibiotics to prevent disease. This will also prevent the meat having been fed grain grown with chemical and pesticide fertilizers. These chemicals can directly affect your health in a meat product, so look for organics meat choices to safeguard yourself and your family when eating meat.
- Go for organic choices in coffee products.
- Coffee is a staple of many people's diet, but are you aware of how many chemicals or pesticides may be in the coffee that you are drinking? It is important to purchase organics in coffee beans because that will safeguard from chemicals and pesticides having been used to spray the coffee crops. These types of organics practices for coffee cultivation are also beneficial to the environment by eliminating pollution and waste, and they will allow you to safely enjoy a cup of Joe without a risk to your health.
- Choose organics in skin care products.
- Your skin is the largest organ in your body, which is why it is beneficial to choose organics for any skin care products that are applied topically. When you apply skin care ingredients to the surface of your skin, they will directly absorb into your body and affect your circulatory system. For this reason, it is so important to read your product labels carefully to choose organics skin care ingredients that will benefit the health of your skin and protect the health of your body.
- Look for organic protein supplements.
- There are a number of organics protein supplements that are made from soy, rice, or hemp protein. These are ideal organics choices for vegetarians, and they also provide a great benefit in a protein supplement that is made from organics ingredients that do not contain chemicals or pesticides. These types of organics protein supplements are generally processed without the use of solvents typically used for similar products on the market that are non-organics.
- Use organic sunscreen.
- Sunscreen is not something that many people think about, but it is important that your sunscreen has organics ingredients. Of course, you should look for a sunscreen that will block from the UVA and the UVB rays of the sun, which are responsible for aging and burning. However, there are a number of other chemical ingredients that can be found within a sunscreen, so it is important that you have an organics product. It is best for your organics sunscreen to contain botanical ingredients that will benefit the skin, like chamomile, aloe vera, and green tea. As a general tip in organics sunscreen, some may also contain organic lavender, which will work as a natural and gentle insect repellent as a bonus.
- Purchase organics produce.
- Produce is one of the best investments when it comes to purchasing organics, especially since you are at risk to directly ingest pesticides that have been used to spray the produce when it was harvested. Even if you peel or scrub the produce that you purchase, it may still have chemical residue that can affect your body. For this reason, protect the health of yourself and your family by purchasing organics products when it comes to any type of produce.
- Purchase milk products that are organics.
- If you are someone who consumes dailry, milk is another area not to compromise in when it comes to organics, and you will see even greater benefits in your health when drinking a milk product that has been cultivated organically. Dairy products can contain a number of pesticides, especially if the cows are fed grain sprayed with chemical pesticides. This can be a huge issue for the health of yourself and your children, so look for organics in milk and other dairy products.
Is it really better to buy organics?
The bottom line is yes, but you do need to do your research when it comes to organics, especially if you are looking to stretch a budget or get the most bang for your buck. Don't take all products claiming to be organics at face value, especially since organics are all the rage today. It is best to look for organics products that have a 100% USDA organic label as verification, and also read the organics ingredient labels clearly to make sure that they still contain nutritional ingredients that are good for you overall.