NutraSea +D Omega-3 Liquid
Nutrasea+D Fish Oil Details
If you’re looking for a balanced omega-3 supplement combined with the benefits of 1000 IU of vitamin D, try NutraSea+D. In addition to the maintenance of overall good health, cardiovascular health, and brain function, the added boost of vitamin-D promotes healthy bones and teeth. It’s also beneficial for the development of the brain, eyes, and nerves in children and adolescents.
NutraSea+D is available in two formats: a crisp apple-flavoured liquid and a convenient 2x concentrated softgel option.
With its balanced ratio of 750mg EPA and 500mg DHA per dose, NutraSea is an easy way to get your daily recommended intake of omega-3 as well as 1000 IU of natural vitamin D. Look for NutraSea+D if your focus is on the following:
- General well-being
- Immune system support
- Strong bones and teeth
Nutrasea+D Fish Oil FAQ
Can I give NutraSea Kids to children under one year of age?
Please consult with a health care provider before giving NutraSea Kids to children under one year of age.
Can I cook with NutraSea?
Heating the oil to cooking temperatures could result in a degradation of quality; instead, feel free to add NutraSea to foods after they have been cooked. In addition, NutraSea is great in salad dressings, pastas, yogurt, or mixed in a fruit smoothie.
NutraSea is a fat - will I gain weight from taking it?
No, the consumption of omega-3 fish oils should not cause an increase in body fat if you are taking the recommended dose. In fact, research reveals that omega-3 fatty acids actually promote fat loss [1-6]. Also, please check out our research piece on omega-3 and body composition: http://www.ascentahealth.com/omega-3-and-you/wellness/omega-3-body-composition-fat-fighting-fat/
1. Noreen, E.E., et al., Effects of supplemental fish oil on resting metabolic rate, body composition, and salivary cortisol in healthy adults. J Int Soc Sports Nutr, 2010. 7: p. 31.
2. Huffman, D.M., J.L. Michaelson, and T.R. Thomas, Chronic supplementation with fish oil increases fat oxidation during exercise in young men. Journal of Exercise Physiologyonline, 2004. 7(1): p. 48-56.
3. Couet, C., et al., Effect of dietary fish oil on body fat mass and basal fat oxidation in healthy adults. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord, 1997. 21(8): p. 637-43.
4. Hill, A.M., et al., Combining fish-oil supplements with regular aerobic exercise improves body composition and cardiovascular disease risk factors. Am J Clin Nutr, 2007. 85(5): p. 1267-74.
5. Kunesova, M., et al., The influence of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and very low calorie diet during a short-term weight reducing regimen on weight loss and serum fatty acid composition in severely obese women. Physiol Res, 2006. 55(1): p. 63-72.
6. Thorsdottir, I., et al., Randomized trial of weight-loss-diets for young adults varying in fish and fish oil content. Int J Obes (Lond), 2007. 31(10): p. 1560-6.
How does flax oil compare to NutraSea?
There are two dietary sources of omega-3 fatty acids: plants (which contain alpha-linolenic acid, or ALA) and marine-based sources like fish and squid (which contain EPA and DHA). One of the top food sources of ALA is flax (also chia and hemp), which is about 55% ALA by weight. Generally, North Americans consume plenty of ALA through our diets, but the physiologically-essential omega-3s, EPA and DHA, are consumed at much lower levels. While the body can partially convert ALA to EPA and DHA, humans generally have poor abilities to perform this conversion. Because fish oil provides the active forms of omega-3, EPA and DHA, its health benefits are greater and supported by a large body of research.
What ingredients other than fish oil are in NutraSea and why?
Ascenta uses different natural antioxidants in our products to prevent oxidation. Green tea extract is used in some of our products and provides excellent protection against oxidation, allowing our products to remain fresh for the duration of their shelf life. Phospholipids are also used in some of our products and are also very effective at preserving the quality of our products. Our studies have shown that both green tea extract and phospholipids are more effective than the commonly used antioxidants rosemary and ascorbyl palmitate.
What source of vitamin D3 is used in the NutraSea +D?
The source of vitamin D3 in NutraSea+D is lanolin from sheep’s wool.
Does NutraSea come from wild or farmed fish?
The sardines, anchovies, and mackerel in NutraSea come from wild, cold waters off the coast of Peru. The squid in NutraSea DHA is distributed in the Pacific ocean, more specifically in the South American and Asian parts of the world.
Is there any caffeine in the green tea extract used in NutraSea products?
The green tea extract in our products is used as an oil stabilizer to prevent oxidation, and not as a dietary source of green tea catechins. Laboratory test results confirm that the green tea extract used in our products is not a significant source of caffeine.
Adults and adolescents 14 years and older: Take 1 teaspoon of Ascenta NutraSea+Ddaily.
Children 1-13 years: Take 1/2 teaspoon of Ascenta NutraSea+D daily.
After opening, refrigerate and consume within 100 days.
Serving Size: 1 Teaspoon (5 ml)
Servings per Container: 40
|Amount Per Serving|
|Fish Oil (anchovies, sardines, and/or mackerel)||4.57 g|
|Vitamin D3||1000 IU|
|Total EPA + DHA||1250 mg|
* Percent daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet
† Daily Value not established
Note: Serving Sizes are rounded to the nearest whole serving
Additional Ingredients: fish oil (anchovies, sardines, and/or mackerel), flavouring, tocopherols (derived from non-GMO soy), green tea extract, vitamin D3.
Allergy Information: n/a
Warning: After opening, refrigerate and consume within 100 days. Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing.