8 Things You Must Know Before You Buy a Vegetarian Protein Powder
8 Things You Must Know Before You Buy a Vegetarian Protein Powder
If you are a vegetarian or simply lactose intolerant hoping to find a helpful protein alternative, then it is important to find out the 411 on what vegetarian protein is all about! To begin with, here are eight helpful tips to guide you along the way in choosing the right vegetarian protein for you:
1. What is vegetarian protein? Vegetarian protein is a protein powder or supplement from vegetarian sources as opposed to animal protein sources. Some examples include a blend of hemp protein, soy protein, pea protein, and rice protein. The point of the matter is that a vegetarian protein will be free from lactose and animal byproducts, and it normally won't contain artificial sweeteners or sugars.
2. How does vegetarian protein taste? One of the most common sources of protein is whey protein, so how does the taste of vegetarian protein differ from whey protein? Many sources of vegetarian protein have a number of different flavors, so in that respect, they are similar to whey protein as being a flavored vegetarian protein supplement source. Still other choices in vegetarian protein have a more natural taste if they contain additional vegetable protein powders or supplements within the protein. The bottom line is that these vegetarian protein sources can be easily blended with fruits, vegetables, and other items for a smoothie, or they can also be mixed with water or juice for a delicious treat. Since they do not contain milk or egg, they will have a more earthy taste with the use of hemp and soy. If you are someone who likes the nutty taste of soy milk, then you may truly enjoy the addition of soy within your vegetarian protein supplement!
3. What are the benefits of vegetarian protein? If you are using a vegetarian protein made of the blend that was previously mentioned, you will see a number of benefits to your diet and nutrition. First of all, hemp vegetarian protein is full of essential fatty acids and essential amino acids, which work similarly to proteins that naturally occur within the human body. These are very easy to digest, and they also work for quick recovery and muscle repair. Brown rice vegetarian protein within a vegetarian protein supplement is a hypoallergenic option, and it is also very gently digested. Pea vegetarian protein is another healthful choice, and it works hand-in-hand with soy protein to provide healthy weight loss benefits and the ability to build more lean muscle mass to burn additional calories on a daily basis. Rice is also naturally full of fiber, so it will work to continue to cleanse your colon within your diet and exercise plan so that you can see even better results.
4. Can athletes or bodybuilders use a vegetarian protein? The interesting answer to this question is yes! You don't necessarily have to use a regular whey or egg protein to see bodybuilding and weight lifting results. The use of a vegetarian protein powder will give you complete vegetarian protein that is easily digestible, and many contain added vitamins and minerals to provide energy and antioxidants throughout the day. As an example, a vegetarian protein powder could contain acai juice powder, which is the new super food to provide natural energy and antioxidants all day long. If you are an athlete training for a competition or hoping to build muscle, this is a wonderful source to use because you will get the essential amino acids that you need to have energy throughout the day and bulk up in lean muscle mass.
5. How should you use vegetarian protein? As a supplement, vegetarian protein is something that can be used throughout the day mixed in with juice or water, or even blended into a smoothie. It can be enjoyed in the morning, as an afternoon snack, or even in the evening after a workout. The point of the matter is to make sure that you have enough protein on a daily basis, and a complete vegetarian protein blend will give it to you. It is also a helpful supplement to take throughout the day since the addition of rice protein will contain fiber and keep your digestive system functioning well. This is a perfect choice for any vegetarians that do not feel that they are getting enough nutrients from their diet because vegetarian protein can provide high sources of calcium, iron, and magnesium.
6. Are there vegetarian protein bars? This is another helpful option to you as a vegetarian in using vegetarian protein bars as a convenient source of vegetarian protein throughout the day. These can be thrown into your bag, purse, or even glove compartment so that you can always have something to munch on. Not only will this keep your metabolism high, but as a vegetarian, it will work to supplement your vegetarian protein source outside of your regular diet.
7. Are vegetarian proteins hypoallergenic? The normal answer to this would be yes since they do not contain dairy or egg products. The only exception to this would be if you were allergic to soy, hemp, or any other sources of the vegetarian blend. However, yellow pea protein, which is commonly used in a vegetarian supplement, is hypoallergenic, and it is easily digested by the body. The same goes for rice, which is a complete protein that is very gentle on a sensitive digestive system.
8. Can you use vegetarian protein as a meal replacement? A vegetarian protein supplement is the perfect option for a meal replacement if you are eating a balanced diet throughout the day. If you are a vegetarian hoping to lose a little bit of weight, this is the perfect opportunity to cut back on calories, while still having a delicious source of vegetarian protein. When you couple this with the fact that many vegetarian protein supplements contain flax seed, they will also work to slow down digestion so that you can feel fuller for a longer period of time. This makes it easier for you not to cheat on your diet and shed more pounds as a result!
If you are hoping to balance your diet as a vegetarian or use a supplement alternative as someone who is lactose intolerant, this is the ideal source of protein that you have been looking for. Many vegetarians feel that the market is not equal to meet their needs in a protein supplement without animal byproducts, but that is no longer the truth! You can now find a number of premium choices to give you proper nutrition as a vegetarian in a protein supplement.
- Try North Coast Naturals Veganique as a vegetarian protein friendly meal replacement supplement.
- Check out Interactive Nutrition Complete Vegetarian Protein as a full blend with weight-loss
- Try Sequel Vega Sports Performance Optimizer as a complete vegetarian protein supplement for an active vegetarian lifestyle.