7 Things to Look for When Buying Greens Powders
7 Things to Look for When Buying Greens Powders
What exactly is a greens powder?
In short, a greens powder is exactly how it sounds, working as a mixture to give you all of the greens and herbs you need on a daily basis to supplement your diet. Of course, we have all seen the food pyramid before, but it oftentimes seems difficult to keep up with allotted servings of vegetables and greens on a daily basis. On top of that, if you happen to be caring for your family or children, it's so easy to put your own needs on the back burner when it comes to your daily recommended value of greens.
Why do you need a greens powder?
In short, there are several benefits to relying upon a greens powder as a supplement. One of the biggest benefits to a greens powder is getting your recommended daily amount of vegetables without having to worry about whether or not you are eating enough. A greens supplement is perfect for anyone who has questions about the balance of their diet.
Furthermore, a greens powder offers even more in being packed full of antioxidants and vitamins, as well as fiber necessary to promote the health of the digestive system on a daily basis. A greens powder will also work to boost the immune system and detoxify the body naturally by aiding in digestion and the absorption of nutrients.
Overall, a greens powder sounds like it offers a number of benefits, doesn't it? However, it is still important to know what you do or don't want from your greens powder before you decide to purchase.
Here are the top tips in choosing the best greens powder for your lifestyle:
- Look for a greens powder filled with antioxidants. So many people rely upon vegetables in their everyday life for antioxidant benefits, which will neutralize free radical damage in the body. This prevention alone stops diseases and premature aging in its tracks, which is exactly what you will get from a greens powder full of antioxidants. On top of that, these levels of antioxidants will also promote cellular health and boost energy levels in the body, which is truly invaluable in a greens powder supplement.
- Look for well-rounded servings of vegetables in your greens powder. An example of this would be a greens powder that contains broccoli, brussels sprouts, and spinach powders. This is a perfect balance of green vegetables in a greens powder, which will provide a number of vitamins and minerals to you right off the bat. As an example, broccoli in a greens powder offers vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and fiber. When you add spinach and brussels sprouts to the mix of the greens powder, you also receive added benefits in more calcium, more fiber, iron, and even more vitamin C! The truth of the matter is that you can see even more benefits from a greens powder than you can from a premium multivitamin.
- Look for other healthy vegetables in your greens powder. First off, not all of the vegetables within your greens powder need to be specifically green. An example of this would be carrot juice extract in your greens powder, which provides beta-carotene to the diet. This vitamin source in your greens powder protects the health of the eyes, preserves the skin, boosts the immune system, and fights against cancer and infection. This is yet another antioxidant ingredient to be found within your greens powder, and it works to offer a number of vitamin benefits to the body.
- Look for wheatgrass extract in your greens powder. Wheatgrass is a super food that is full of a number of vitamins and minerals, not to mention antioxidants. For this reason, having a type of wheatgrass within your greens powder will give you additional minerals, lipids, and proteins in higher concentrations than you can get anywhere else. As a vegetarian, this is an ingredient that you should be on the lookout for in your greens powder, which will provide all the balance to your diet that you crave to have the proper amount of nutrients. Not only will this greens powder ingredient detoxify your body, but it will also give you the energy you need through additional protein to make it through the day.
- Make sure your greens powder does not contain pesticides. We are all familiar with the fact that most vegetables are grown with additional pesticides, which is something that you want to avoid within your greens powder. The best way to do this is to look for an organic greens powder that will provide the same benefits in servings of fruits and vegetables that are free from pesticides in the harvesting process. Thank goodness!
- Look for fruit in your greens powder. Of course, a greens powder does not necessarily have to be all green, as we mentioned earlier. Instead, look at your greens powder as the perfect resource of fruits and vegetables to give you your daily servings as recommended. An example of this would be a greens powder that contains fruits full of antioxidants, like cranberry, blueberry, and acai berry. Again, these fruits in a greens powder will give you fantastic anti aging benefits, as well as protection from disease.
- Make sure your greens powder has enough fiber. One of the main benefits to having enough fruits and vegetables in a greens powder is additional fiber intake. This will work to cleanse your body through stimulating your colon, which removes waste and allows you to greater absorb ingredients from your diet. In short, a high fiber intake in your greens powder will stimulate your digestive system and promote a healthier metabolism.
Read the ingredient label of your greens powder.
The best way to stick to all of these guidelines in what to look for and what to avoid in a greens powder is to clearly read your ingredient label. Oftentimes, so many people miss out on beneficial additions from a greens powder because they are not paying attention to what goes into it. You will be able to save yourself serious hassle by making an educated decision in choosing a greens powder that is full of nutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to benefit your health from head to toe.
With the above tips, you can easily choose the best greens powder that has significant fiber content, vegetable servings, and premium antioxidants to make an overall difference in your health. This is your opportunity to easily supplement any vegetables you may be lacking in your diet, with the end result of protection from disease, an improved immune system, and of course, a better body function from head to toe! There truly is no easier way to eat your veggies than with a premium greens powder!
•Try North Coast Naturals Greens-1 for a premium powder.
•For an organic choice, try North Coast Naturals Organic Greens.