Recipe- Lemon Coconut Bliss Balls
Lemon Coconut Bliss Balls- Makes 12 balls
I love having these in the fridge for a quick, healthy and high-protein snack. They are super lemony, not too sweet and the texture is a bit like cookie dough. They also work really well as an out-the-door breakfast in a pinch. And my youngest likes them in her lunch – though she prefers the chocolate ones!
- 2 scoops Niyama Organic Plant Protein
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp coconut flour, preferably organic
- 3 + 3 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut, preferably organic
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
Combine all ingredients (using only 3 tbsp of the shredded coconut) in a medium mixing bowl and stir until fully combined. By hand, roll about a tbsp of mixture into a ball. Roll the ball in the remaining shredded coconut to coat, and place on a plate. Continue until you have no batter left – you should have approximately 12 balls. Refrigerate the plate for 30 minutes then enjoy or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate.
They will keep for 3 days in the fridge or a few weeks in the freezer.