Organic Traditions Goji Berries
Organic Traditions Goji Berries Details
Goji berries, also known as wolfberries, are one of the most prized superfruits in the Asian tradition. In traditional Asian Herbal medicine, Goji berries have been used to promote vitality and well being. Chinas legendary first emperor attributed his long life to this precious berry. For this reason it is commonly referred to as The Longevity Berry. Organic Tradtions Goji berries are a source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Iron. They also contain essential amino acids, trace minerals and Vitamins B1, B2, B6, Vitamin E, carotenoids and a host of antioxidants, giving them an ORAC value of 7,600 per ¼ cup, 30 gram serving. The ORAC value is a measurement of the antioxidant capacity of different foods. In traditional Asian culinary preparations Goji berries are added to teas, soups, salads, stews, as well as vegetable dishes.
Organic Traditions Goji Berries Features and Benefits
- Goji berries contain essential amino acids, trace minerals and vitamins B1, B2, B6, vitamin E, carotenoids and a host of antioxdiants.
- No added sugar, artificial sweeteners, Flavours, colors, additives, oils, coatings, sulfites or preservatives
- A good source of vitamins A and C, iron, potassium and fiber
- Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Raw
- Used for centuries to promote vitality and well-being
- A delicious breakfast topper or trail mix addition
- ORAC value of 7,600 per ¼ cup, 30 gram serving
- Commonly referred to as the longevity berry
- Contains essential amino acids and minerals
- A great addition to any energy ball recipe
The Goji Berries in Organic Traditions Goji Berry have been traditionally regarded as a longevity, strength-building, and sexual potency food. In several study groups with elderly people the goji berry was given once a day for 3 weeks. Many beneficial results were experienced and 67% of the patients experienced 3x higher T cell function and the 2x higher activity in white cell interleukin-2. In addition, the results showed that all the patients' spirit and optimism increased significantly, appetite improved in 95% of the patients, 95% of the patients slept better, and 35% of the patients partially recovered their sexual function.
Organic Traditions Goji Berries can be eaten alone as a delicious snack or combined with other Organic Traditions or Natural Traditions superfoods in order to create a delicious and nutritious trail mix. Add them to smoothies, yogurt, salads, desserts or baked goods. Make sauces, spreads or jams.
|Serving Size: 4 tbsp (30 g)
Servings per Container:
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g||16%|
|Total Sugars||14 g|
|Added Sugars||0 g||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A||8046.6 IU||160%|
* Percent daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet
† Daily Value not established
Note: Serving Sizes are rounded to the nearest whole serving
Organic Dried Goji Berries
Produced in a facility that packages tree nuts (Almonds, Hazelnuts and Cashews). The facility is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and peanut free. Contains naturally occurring sulfites.
Refrigeration not required. Store in a cool, dry, dark place.