Biomed Vitamin D Drops (536 Drops of Sunshine), 15ml (NEW!)
Biomed Vitamin D Drops (536 Drops of Sunshine), 15ml
Bone and Teeth Health, Immune Function
Vitamin D3 is needed for development, maintenance and normal growth of bones and teeth. It is also required for the absorption and utilization of phosphorus and calcium, which are two important components of bones. When vitamin D3 is combined with calcium and regular exercise, it helps reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis.
Studies show vitamin D3 is essential for long-term health and it is important to prevent risk of vitamin D deficiency. There are several sources of vitamin D including: synthesis in the skin after exposure to the sun’s UV rays, some foods, food fortification, and supplementation. Deficiency may occur if one does not get enough vitamin D in their diet or have limited exposure to the sun (due to working indoors, avoiding or protecting from the sun, or living in the northern regions of Canada).
Biomed's Vitamin D3 drops are high dose (1000 IU per drop) with a natural lemon flavour in a healthy MCT (Medium chain triglycerides) oil base..
What is Vitamin D3?
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that is manufactured in the body and stored in fat cells after the skin is exposed to UV-B rays from direct sunlight. Vitamin D3 is best known for bone health and regulating immune function. In addition, vitamin D3 is the biologically active form and is widely involved in other vital biological processes within the body. Deficiency can be associated with loss of bone density, osteoporosis and ‘brittle’ bones, lower back pain1 , and muscle weakness, increased susceptibility to infection, autoimmune disease2 (including MS), and certain types of cancer3.
Vitamin D3 for Building Strong Bones
- Development, growth, and maintenance of strong bones and teeth
- Calcium regulation
- Absorption of calcium and phosphorus from the small intestine and kidneys
- Bone density & mineralization
- Reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis
Vitamin D3 for Facilitating Healthy Immune Function
- Proper immune function
- Modulate adaptive and innate immune responses
- Vitamin D receptors on immunological cells (B-cells, T-cells and antigen presenting cells)
- Stimulate NK lymphocytes
- Enhance suppressor T-cell activity
Risk Factors for Vitamin D Deficiency:
- Adults 50 years and older4
- Pregnancy & breastfed infants
- Limited sun exposure (indoor, clothes)
- Higher melanin pigment in darker skin tone5 can block UV-B rays
- Sunscreen use can block up to 98% of UV-B rays6
- Season and geographical location
- Cloud cover and pollution
- Intestinal absorption issues
Serving Size: 1 Drop
Servings per Container: Approx 536
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
|Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)||1000 IU (25 mcg)|
* Percent daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet
† Daily Value not established
Note: Serving Sizes are rounded to the nearest whole serving
Additional Ingredients: Medium chain triglycerides, coconut oil, natural lemon flavour.
Store at room temperature in a cool dry place.