Flora Super 8 Plus Probiotic 25 Billion (Age 19-54) (Refrigerated)
Udos Choice Super 8 Plus Probiotic Details
Designed with a high concentration of Lactobacillus acidophilus, this formula ensures that your body has adequate amounts of this important probiotic strain. L. acidophilus produces enzymes that help you digest proteins, carbohydrates and fats. This bacterial strain also produces lactic acid, which supports the gastrointestinal and immune systems. It can be found in yogurt and other dairy products, but it is available in higher concentrations in supplement form. Each capsule of Super 8 Plus Probiotic provides 11.25 billion colony forming units of L. acidophilus. If the body’s supply of this important strain is too low, lactose intolerance often occurs. World-renowned nutrition expert Udo Erasmus has created 7 different formulas to provide the right probiotic supplement for every member of the family. The type and amount of probiotic bacterial strains needed for best results will change at different stages of life and under different health conditions. Udo’s Choice® Probiotic Blends are best taken after meals. All of the bacterial strains chosen have been specially developed and tested for their gastric resistance. Unlike the live bacterial content of many foods being marketed today, the probiotic strains in Udo’s blends are able to survive the stomach acids to reach the intestinal tract at full potency.
Why do we need probiotic supplements?
While most people assume they have a healthy intestinal tract, lifestyle and environmental factors can compromise the digestive system. This allows undesirable bacteria to take hold and cause problems. Such factors may include poor eating habits, chlorinated drinking water, stress, the use of antibiotics in food production and medical treatments, and a number of other factors, including health problems and simply aging, which can greatly reduce the number of friendly bacteria in the body. When the ratio of good bacteria to bad is out of balance, problems begin to arise such as poor absorption of nutrients and intestinal toxicity. This can result in gas, bloating, diarrhea and constipation, among other discomforts. If this imbalance is left untreated, the symptoms can become chronic and can compromise the immune system and lead to other serious health concerns.
Provides lives micro-organisms that form part of a natural healthy intestinal flora
- For adults 19-54
- Each vegetarian capsule guarantees a minimum of 25 billion viable cells per capsule at date of expiry (a minimum of 42 billion at time of manufacture)
- Contains medicinal human strains of live probiotic bacteria that ensure better survival and colonization rates than transient strains
- Formulated with selective strains that survive the hydrochloric acid in the stomach, thus eliminating the need to use potentially allergenic enteric coatings
- Contains only pure, concentrated living probiotic bacteria, free of additives, yeast and Fructooligosaccharides (FOS)
- We guarantee billions of live friendly bacteria at the printed expiry date due to: special moisture and oxygen resistant capsules, independent (third-party) laboratory analysis for potency and purity, and careful packaging in recyclable, dark glass bottles and metal caps that do not allow air or light to affect the contents
- Formerly known as Udo’s Choice® Super 8 Hi-Potency Probiot
Adults:Take 1-3 capsules daily after meals or on a full stomach.
Serving Size: 1 - 3 Vegetarian Capsules
Servings per Container: 30 Vegetarian Capsules - (1 - 30), 60 Vegetarian Capsules - ( 1- 60)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
|Lactobacillus acidophilus HA-122||11.25 billion|
|Lactobacillus rhamnosus HA-111||6.25 billion|
|Lactobacillus rhamnosus HA-114||2.5 billion|
|Lactobacillus plantarum HA-119||1.75 billion|
|Bifidobacterium bifidum HA-132||1.5 billion|
|Lactobacillus casei HA-108||0.75 billion|
|Bifidobacterium longum HA-135||0.75 billion|
|Lactobacillus salivarius HA-118||0.25 billion|
* Percent daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet
† Daily Value not established
Note: Serving Sizes are rounded to the nearest whole serving
Additional Ingredients: Ascorbic acid, Silicon dioxide, Stearic acid, Potato starch and Hypromellose
Allergy Information: This product has come into contact with milk and soy lecithin. Do not use this product if you have milk or soy allergy.
Warning: Keep bottle refrigerated. Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner if symptoms of digestive upset (e.g. diarrhea) occur, worsen, or persist beyond 3 days. Do not use if your are experiencing nausea, fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhea or severe abdominal pain. Do not use if you have an immune-compromised condition (e.g. AIDS, lymphoma, patients undergoing long-term corticosteroid treatment).