Dr. Kassam Try Some Healthy Recipes During Self-Isolation and Physical Distancing
Healthy Recipes During Self-Isolation &
There is very little doubt that the coronavirus pandemic is affecting every aspect of one’s lives. No one knows how long the current public health measures will be in place, making it difficult for planning ahead. For a lot of people, this pandemic has brought with it a lot of extra time. So, what better time to focus on healthy eating! Especially because the foundation of a healthy immune system is a well balanced diet!
So, whether you wish to try healthy recipes because there is more time in the day or you are trying new recipes for creating a new habit, below are some healthy recipe ideas for you and your family to try and make the most out of physical distancing!
Keep in mind you don’t need to run to the grocery store everyday. In fact, we carry a lot of the ingredients in the below recipes right here at vitamart.ca!
1. In 500 mL mason jar combine the oats, chia seeds, nut butter, honey, flax seeds and milk
2. Stir the above to combine everything
3. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight
4. Add toppings in the morning: blueberries/strawberries and coconut yogurt
PROTEIN ENERGY BITES
1. Combine all 8 ingredients in a large bowl
2. Stir well to combine thoroughly.
3. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour
4. Roll into 15 balls
CHOCOLATE BANANA NUT MUFFINS
1. Preheat oven to 350oF
2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cacao powder and cinnamon in a bowel. Whisk to combine
3. In food processor combine the pecans, bananas, egg, melted coconut oil and process until smooth
4. Add the dry mixture to the banana mixture and stir to combine
5. Fold in the pecans
6. Bake for 30 minutes
LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFINS
MASHED SWEET POTATO
CRISPY BAKED CHICKEN
Happy Cooking Everyone :)