St. Francis Ghee, Natural, 370g - Refrigerated
St. Francis Ghee (Natural) Details
- No added vitamins, artificial flavours or other additives
- Unsalted, uncultured, low in sodium
- Good source of Vitamin A and butyric acid
- Fresh, clean flavour unmatched by other fats or oils
- Pleasantly moist and smoothly creamy on the palate
- A golden yellow cooking oil enhancing the colour, texture, and taste of food
- Stores refrigerated or frozen, and is stable at high temperatures
Reasons to use ghee
- Contains an antioxidant known to enhance the resistance of LDL (“bad cholesterol”) to the cardiovascular disease-promoting effects of oxidation
- Lowers Arachidonic Acid, a key inflammatory molecule that contributes to atherosclerosis, aka “hardening of the arteries”
- Decreases total cholesterol and triglycerides
- Is a saturated fat that enhances endurance and immunity
- Is a health-promoting tonic food
What is ghee?
Also known as clarified butter, ghee is made by removing all water and milk solids from unsalted butter. St. Francis Herb Farm’s natural ghee uses cream from local cows, lending our ghee a beautiful golden colour and an unrivalled taste and aroma that make it ideal for a wide range of cooking needs.
The Ayurvedic perspective on ghee
Ghee’s healing qualities are extolled by the traditional Ayurvedic system of medicine in India, which classes it as a Rasayana—a tonic food source that rejuvenates the body, eliminates toxins, and promotes long life. According to Ayurvedic medicine, it tonifies the gastrointestinal tract and nourishes the body’s critical tissues, making them healthier and more supple. As well, butter ghee invigorates the brain and nervous system. According to ancient Ayurvedic writings, ghee enhances memory.
The right kind of fat
Modern science confirms that ghee contains fats in the form of beneficial short-chain fatty acids, which, unlike long-chain fatty acids, the body can readily metabolize and convert into energy. These short-chain fatty acids include butyric acid — an antimicrobial that promotes the body’s good microflora. Most commercial butters contain a maximum of two percent butyric acid; our ghee contains an exceptional eight to nine percent. Butyric acid has been shown to promote healing of the intestinal lining, important for inflammatory bowel disorders and “leaky” gut problems.
Use St. Francis Ghee (Natural) in cooking as desired.
|Organic Canadian ghee (clarified butter).|
Allergy Information: Speak with health care practitioner prior to use if you have an allergy to lactose or mild milk allergy.