SISU Vegetarian Omega 3 (200mg DHA), 60 Vege Softgels
SISU Vegetarian Omega 3 Details
Omega 3 is one of the families of healthy fats called essential fatty acids (EFA). Omega 3 are called “essential” because the body cannot produce them, so we must acquire them from our diet or gain them through supplements. The active omega 3 compounds are DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid). DHA is the most abundant unsaturated fatty acid in the human brain, it is highly concentrated in the retina of the eye, and is critical for the structure and function of cell membranes. EPA performs different functions; it helps reduce inflammation and is a factor in cardiovascular health. The body can convert DHA to EPA as needed but the reverse is not true, making DHA the more valuable of the two active omega 3 compounds.
The primary dietary source of DHA is fatty fish or to a lesser extent, fortified foods. Eating fish several times per week or taking fish oil in gelatin capsules or liquid can be challenging. SISU’s high- potency vegetarian DHA from algae is a convenient and reliable source of omega 3, and ideal for people who follow a vegan diet.
SISU Vegetarian Omega 3 Product Information
- 200 mg of DHA from GMO-free algae sustainably grown in dedicated, inland farms with no impact on any marine environment
- DHA supports brain and eye development in utero and in children
- DHA supplementation has been associated with a decreased risk of post-partum depression
- When taken by breast-feeding women, DHA crosses into breast milk to increase infants’ DHA levels
- Plays a key role in reducing inflammation associated with auto-immune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis
- DHA helps support neurological health at all ages
- Omega 3 effectively lowers elevated triglyceride levels associated with increased risk of cardiovascular disease
SISU Vegetarian Omega 3 Advantages
- Easy-to-swallow, small, soft vegetarian capsules
- Non-fish source of omega 3, thus no risk of fishy burps
- Suitable for vegans
- Convenient adult and children’s dosing on the label
- Contains no ingredients that are a source of gluten
- Tested for guaranteed potency and purity
- NPN approved
Dosage: Adults and children 13 and over: Take 2-5 SISU Vegetarian Omega 3 capsules daily with food or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Children (4-12 years): Take 1 SISU Vegetarian Omega 3 capsule daily with food or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Serving Size: 1 Vcap
Servings per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
|Schizochytrium oil (Schizochytrium spp., whole, 200 mg Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA))||602 mg||†|
* Percent daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet
† Daily Value not established
Note: Serving Sizes are rounded to the nearest whole serving
Additional Ingredients: Sunflower (Helianthus annuus) seed oil, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherols, lecithin, rosemary leaf extract.
Capsule shell: modified corn starch, purified water, glycerin (vegetable), carrageenan, d-sorbitol, beta carotene, hypromellose, caramel.
Allergy Information: Contains no dairy or animal products, wheat, peanuts, or tree nuts.
Warning: Keep bottle tightly closed. Store away from direct heat and moisture. Do not exceed recommended dose. Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged. When using nutritional supplements, please inform your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating. If you have a bad reaction to product discontinue use immediately.