New Roots D-Ribose Powder
by New Roots
New Roots D-Ribose Details
D-Ribose is a simple carbohydrate molecule found in every cell in the human body. It has been shown to dramatically enhance the rate at which ATP is replenished in the muscles decreasing the recovery time from 72 hours in as little as 12 hours!
New Roots D-Ribose Highlights:
- Increases energy and endurance
- Enhances rate of ATP production
- Efficiently absorbed; delivered directly to the bloodstream
- Combine with creatine for a powerful synergistic effect
- Ideal for athletes and active individuals
The manufacturers of high quality therapeutic strength nutrient and herb combinations for specific health concerns including: Prostate Perform, Candida Stop, Freedom Greens, & Plant Digestive Enzymes.
About New Roots D-Ribose
- D-Ribose is a simple carbohydrate molecule found in every cell in the human body. Physical stress can increase the loss of nucleotides (such as ATP, ADP and AMP) from the hearth and skeletal muscles. D-Ribose is critical in the continuous production of ATP, the molecule which gives our muscles and our heart the energy they need to perform. Ribose metabolizes into 5-phophoribosyl-1-pyrophosphate (PRPP), which is a rate limiting substance used in the synthesis of nucleotides. D-Ribose supports muscle recovery, increases energy and endurance.
- All muscles in the body rely on a constant supply of ATP for the energy they need to function properly. When we place great energy demands on our heart or skeletal muscles through intense physical exercise, our muscles become deprived of oxygen due to diminished blood flow. This oxygen deprivation leads to a drastic decrease in muscle ATP/energy levels. Studies have shown that muscle ATP stores can be decreased by as much as 60-70% following exhaustive exercise and that it can take over 72 hours for these ATP stores to be adequately replenished. During this recuperation period, muscular strength and endurance may be greatly diminished.
- D-Ribose has been shown to dramatically enhance the rate at which ATP is replenished in the muscles decreasing the recovery time from 72 hours in as little as 12 hours! Imagine training a muscle group very intensely and, in as little as half of a day that muscle group having the energy stores available to perform at 100%.
- The benefits of D-Ribose in the replenishment of our bodies vital energy source, ATP is wonderful for everyone, from the serious athlete to the person who has suffered a temporary traumatic loss of blood flow to the heart (a heart attack).
- D-Ribose is absorbed very efficiently with 95% of what you consume delivered to the bloodstream. D-Ribose will have no effect on heart rate or blood pressure and should be taken approximately one hour before exercise and immediately after.
- D-Ribose when taken with Creatine Monohydrate may prove to have a synergistic/ powerful effect on muscle strength, endurance, and recovery. As with any dietary supplement, results will vary from individual to individual.
Stress is usually thought of as a negative factor in our daily lives but it is necessary part of life. Without stress life becomes boring. The key to stress, as with everything else in life, is balance. Enough to keep you interested but not enough to become overwhelmed. Individuals have different thresholds for stress. What is seen as stressful to one person may not be stressful to another.
The stress response is the body’s way of preparing for action. As our species evolved it kept us safe, allowing us to fight for survival, or to flee from dangerous situations. The sympathetic nervous system response involves increased heart rate, blood pressure and adrenal output, as well as increased blood flow to the brain, muscles, lungs and heart. Those organs that are not needed to fight or flee receive less blood flow, for example, the digestive organs. This response is very efficient for a short period of time but it is meant to be used sparingly.
There are three types of stressors and the body deals with each one the same way. The three general categories are:
Emotional stress can be caused by any emotion including love, hate, anger and envy.
Chemical stressors are microbes, poisons, oxygen deprivation, drugs, nutrient deficiency, pollution, alcohol and junk foods.
Physical stressors are loud noises, x-rays, UV light, gravity and temperature. Nowadays our body’s reaction to stress is seen as inappropriate, because the stressors we face are not usually life-threatening or dangerous, yet our body responds as it always has.
The result of constant stress can be tense muscles, headaches, stomach cramps, teeth grinding, decreased immunity, exhaustion and insomnia. Emotionally stress can lead to memory problems, depression, emotional outbursts and panic attacks. It is believed that constant stress is a factor in the development of many chronic diseases.
Picture your body as a machine. In order to get your body to work your body needs fuel or food. It then transports that fuel to each cell. Inside each cell are little engines called mitochondria. They take in the fuel and process it to release energy.
The energy is used to power all cell processes and is the ultimate source of your body’s energy. Another body system that impacts on energy is the glandular system. Picture it as the fuel injector of your body. It regulates what fuel gets into the body, which cells get the fuel and in what amounts. The blood cells are also a critical component of the body’s energy system. They carry oxygen, a catalyst for many cell activities, around the body.
Lack of energy can be attributed to many causes. All of these causes must negatively impact on our body’s ability to get fuel into the body, inhibit the mitochondria’s ability to turn it into energy or alter the functioning of the hormonal and blood system.
Adults: Take 1 teaspoon once or twice daily or as directed by your health-care practitioner. Consult a health-care practitioner for use beyond 8 weeks.
|ᴅ‑Ribose (100% pure)||5 g|