How Antioxidants Really Work
Want to Look and Feel Younger?
Read How Antioxidants Really Work
When it comes to the ultimate choice in health and nutrition, antioxidants are truly the building block to depend upon. Basically, antioxidants function as substances within the body that prevent oxidation within the body's cells. Antioxidants are important for this purpose when it comes to health and fitness, since oxidation can often produce free radicals within the body. Without antioxidants, these free radicals will work as rampant cells to create serious damage, often resulting in disease and premature aging.
Topical antioxidants protect from disease.
As a basic example, antioxidants provide a great benefit in skin care products as a topical treatment. The reason that these antioxidants are so important is because when applied topically, antioxidants can treat free radical damage underneath the surface of the skin that breaks down cells and causes premature aging. With this simple example of antioxidants, it is easy to understand that antioxidants within your body can prevent cell breakdown, often reducing the risk for disease and infection. In fact, if you are an avid exerciser or athlete, antioxidants are more necessary than ever because they will work to counteract any free radical damage caused by stress on the body through exercise.
Protect yourself from free radical damage.
Even more so, antioxidants are necessary to prevent free radical damage that can come from a number of outside factors. Free radicals fought by antioxidants can come from many different sources, like sun exposure, chemicals, pollution, airborne emissions, smoking, physical and mental stress, and oxidation in the body. As an athlete hoping to maintain your health and endurance, that is specifically why antioxidants are so important because antioxidants will prevent this damage in the body's cells, maintaining optimal health in the immune system.
The bottom line is that regardless of your fitness goals, antioxidants will provide you with the help that you need to maintain your health and increase your exercise performance.
Here are the main perks you can expect from supplementing your diet with antioxidants:
- Antioxidants help prevent disease. If you are an avid exerciser, you may not realize that your body creates free radicals automatically through strenuous activity. While it is always recommended to workout regularly, if you are not taking additional antioxidants, you may be unknowingly putting yourself at risk for disease and illness.
- Antioxidants reduce heart disease and cholesterol-oxidation. Oxidation within the body can often directly attack the heart to cause heart disease. Luckily, this process can be easily prevented through integrating antioxidants into a well-balanced diet to neutralize this dangerous oxidation. If you hope to keep your cells, tissues, organs, and skin functioning at their best, antioxidants are what you need as a supplement within your diet to provide optimal health benefits.
- Antioxidants protect all cells within your body. You can liken free radical damage to rust or corrosion on a car, which will cause it to become irreparably damaged. In the same way, untreated free radicals in the body need antioxidants to protect your cells from permanent damage. Antioxidants can be found from a number of outside whole food sources, and antioxidants can also be supplemented within the diet.
- Antioxidants as supplements provide natural nutrients and health benefits. As was mentioned previously, antioxidants are normally found within fruits and vegetables that are good for you. When you start taking antioxidants in the supplement form, you should be able to find antioxidants in vitamin ingredients that you would normally see in a fruit stand or salad bar. If that is not the case, then the product is probably not the right antioxidants source for you! However, when you choose a reputable supplement full of natural antioxidants, you can count on your body getting the antioxidants and nutrients that it needs to not only survive, but thrive.
- Antioxidants also promote the growth of healthier cells within the body, which is exactly what you need for muscle repair and recovery as an athlete or weightlifter. If you are a bodybuilder or athlete hoping to generate results, then you cannot overlook the use of antioxidants. Antioxidants will work to promote healthy cell growth, which will immediately restore muscle damage to create increased tone in lean muscle mass as a result.
- Antioxidants will keep you younger. We already discussed the benefits of antioxidants in anti aging skin care, but even more so, antioxidants will provide the same youthful benefits to the cells within the body. This is highly important if you are exercising or balancing your nutrition for your health or as an athlete because you want to remain young and strong to see the greatest results in your exercise program. If you are beginning to exercise for your health, a supplement with antioxidants will give you the strength you need to maintain your results. If you are a weight trainer or athlete within a competition, antioxidants will again keep your cells youthful to withstand a number of intense workouts in the future.
- Antioxidants prevent macular degeneration and eye disorders. This is something highly important to any healthy individual because you want to protect the health of your eyes! Regular consumption of antioxidants will work to prevent any eye disorders, including glaucoma and macular degeneration. Antioxidants will neutralize the free radical damage that can often attack the eye area, keeping the eyes healthy and strong.
The bottom line is that when it comes to your overall fitness plan, antioxidants cannot be overlooked. Antioxidants are powerful tools for any athlete or regular exerciser, regardless of your fitness level. When you begin to take a supplement rich in antioxidants, the antioxidants will provide you the protection you need so that all cells within your body can maintain their health and vitality. Not only will this keep your immune system functioning beautifully, but regular antioxidants in supplements will also protect from any potential outside damage.
The truth of the matter is that free radical damage comes from so many outside sources that you may be experiencing more damage to your body than you know! The use of antioxidants in supplements provides the protection that you have been looking for so that you can rest assured that your health and wellness are protected in your diet and fitness routine.
•For premium choices in antioxidants, try Progressive PhytoBerry and NOW Green Tea Extract.