Efamol Pure Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg
Efamol Pure Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg Details
Efamol® Pure Evening Primrose Oil contains high levels of the omega-6 essential fatty acid, GLA (gamma-linolenic acid) , which plays an active role in the normal structure of every single cell membrane in the body and is essential for skin structure. A lack of GLA quickly leads to dry skin because the cells become less efficient at retaining moisture.
People with atopic eczema have higher than normal levels of LA (linoleic acid) and lower than normal levels of all the necessary fatty acids made from LA including GLA. Their bodies are not able to efficiently convert dietary Essential Fatty Acids into the GLA and bioactive substances derived it, such as PGE1 (Prostaglandin E1). Supplementing with Efamol® Pure Evening Primrose Oil provides GLA directly and allows the formation of PGE1, which helps alleviate dry, itchy skin.
Efamol® Pure Evening Primrose Oil is the most widely studied EPO in human nutrition with positive results in more than 25 years of research. Only Efamol® EPO is made from Rigel®, a proprietary organic seed variety which produces oil with up to 33% more GLA than any other natural evening primrose oil on the market.
NPN claims for Efamol Pure Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg
- For the treatment of dry, itchy skin caused by Atopic Eczema (dermatitis)
- A source of vitamin E, an antioxidant for the maintenance of good health
Efamol Pure Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg Benefits
- For beautiful skin with that healthy glow
- Contributes to soft, smooth, velvety skin
Efamol Pure Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg Features
- Easy-to-swallow softgel capsules
- Each capsule contains the highest quality 100% pure evening primrose oil along with vitamin E (d-alpha tocopherol)
- Efamol® uses a unique one-step low-temperature manufacturing process to gently extract evening primrose oil and keep it in its most natural and potent form
- Complete control of seed production from planting to harvest and storage guarantees a consistent, superior quality product
- Free from added yeast, sugar, gluten, wheat, milk derivatives, corn starch and artificial flavours
Adults (Age 12 years plus):
Orally take six to eight Efamol Pure Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg capsules per day in divided doses with food or drink.
Children (Age 1 - 11 years old):
Orally take four to six Efamol Pure Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg capsules per day in divided doses with food or drink. For young children under 8 years old, empty content and mix with formula or food.
Maintenance dose for both age groups:
After 4-6 months, a lower maintenance dose of two to four Efamol Pure Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg capsules per day may be sufficient to keep symptoms under control indefinitely.
Serving Size: 4 - 6 Capsules
Servings per Container: 15 -22
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
|Efamol® Evening Primrose oil||1000 mg|
|(Oenothera biennis)(seed)[providing Linoleic acid (LA) 329 mg and Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) 58 mg]|
|Vitamin E (equivalent to 5 mg AT d-a-tocopherol)||7.5 IU|
* Percent daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet
† Daily Value not established
Note: Serving Sizes are rounded to the nearest whole serving
Additional Ingredients: Gelatin, Glycerin.
Allergy Information: Free of all common allergens, including: wheat, dairy, eggs, corn, soy, and yeast.
Warning: Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist. Although rare, sensitive individuals may experience minor and temporary headache, nausea, or gastrointestinal disturbances that can be avoided by a lower initial dose.