8 Simple Steps to Help Your Ticker Keep Ticking
8 Simple Steps to Help Your Ticker Keep Ticking
Matters get serious when it comes to your heart health, but there are simple measures that you can take to stay in the best shape! By making adjustments within your lifestyle and diet, as well as the supplements you are taking, you can notice a dramatic improvement in your heart health with many years ahead of you.
Start out by being honest about your heart health.
When it comes to your heart health, how are you treating yourself? Are you eating fatty and fried foods? Are you a casual smoker? Are you drinking too much alcohol? There are many things that you can do to prevent negative effects in your heart health, but you have to start out by being honest with yourself. If you have been "meaning to" get off the couch and go for a walk every single day but have not gotten around to it, your heart health may not be as good as you think it is. We are all familiar with the fact that the first step to take is in admitting you have a problem, so begin by being clear in the actual state of your heart health so you can take preventative measures to protect your heart health overall.
To get you started, here are the top 8 simple steps that you can take for stellar heart health right away!
- Fit in exercise whenever you can. When comes to heart health, it makes a difference in how often you are able to be active. With the technology that is available in this day and age, there is no excuse for neglecting your heart health, especially when you can download a pedometer app on your iPhone. Purchasing a pedometer or using an iPhone app will let you track how many steps you take on a daily basis to contribute to your heart health. If you have a difficult time fitting in exercise, you can still benefit your heart health by taking the stairs instead of using the elevator, walking farther in the parking lot, or even walking to the corner store instead of driving to benefit your heart health.
- Get involved in daily activities around the house. Did you know that simple activities like raking the lawn, cleaning the entire house, and pulling weeds will contribute to your heart health? Heart health can be found in a number of daily activities, so it's a great idea to take your dog for a walk, landscape your lawn, or even build a deck in your backyard to promote heart health in your everyday life.
- Examine your diet to manage your weight. Even if you are slightly overweight, that can still negatively affect your heart health. The most dangerous type of fat in your body is excess abdominal fat when it comes to heart health, so work to regulate your diet to reduce calories so that you reach a normal weight. This will promote heart health with the proper nutrition you need in simply making small changes to your diet. Often times, you may find that when you cut out one small thing, like sugary sodas, you will see a dramatic improvement in your weight leading to even better heart health.
- Teach your kids to be conscious of their health. This is a great way to get the entire family involved in heart health. If you don't teach your children to be concerned about heart health, they won't appreciate a balanced diet and daily exercise to offer lifelong wellness. This type of family activity for heart health is best used in eating healthy as a family, going for walks after dinner, and playing in the yard more often. Once the family gets involved with heart health, you will see a dramatic difference in your own heart health as well!
- Take a heart health supplement. This is the powerful support you need for your heart health in the form of a supplement full of antioxidants. Taking a daily heart health supplement offers antioxidants to neutralize free radical damage in the body and prevent heart attacks and heart disease. It's important to look for a heart health supplement that also contains Coenzyme Q10, which is a compound used for heart health to promote cell growth and the maintenance of the body. Look for a heart health supplement that also contain additional vitamins, like vitamin B12 and vitamin C. Vitamin B12 will work in a heart health supplement to promote red blood cell formation, which is necessary for fat and carbohydrate metabolism in the body.
- Be mindful of your blood pressure. There are also a number of heart health blood-pressure supplements that you can take to regulate blood pressure levels in the body. Look for heart health blood-pressure supplements that contain calcium, magnesium, potassium, and a number of herbs, which will promote a healthy immune system and lower blood pressure for a significant improvement in heart health.
- Focus on more fruits and vegetables. Yes, it's important to cut fatty foods that are bad for you out of your diet for heart health, but you also need to include whole grains, fruits, and vegetables into your meals. All vegetables are good to be integrated into the diet, but for heart health, dark leafy greens, like spinach, mustard greens, and collard greens are top choices. Other premium vegetables for heart health include cabbage, cauliflower, and broccoli, as well as fruits like lemons, grapefruit, oranges, and limes to benefit the health of your heart. For the maximum benefits in heart health, this type of balance to your diet will make a difference in your overall nutrition and heart health improvement.
- Eat more fish for heart health. This is a little known heart health secret, but the Omega 3 fatty acids in fish will contribute to your heart health significantly. It is recommended to eat fish for heart health at least twice on a weekly basis, which will give you additional protein and nutrients as a source of lean meat in your diet. Some of the best fish containing omega-3 fatty acids for heart health include sardines, herring, mackerel, lake trout, albacore tuna, and of course, salmon. Remember to avoid fried or breaded fish, which will negate all of the heart healthy benefits you would get from eating the fish in the first place!
Heart health is a lifelong commitment.
You don't necessarily have to be older or at risk for a heart attack to start thinking about your heart health. Begin making changes in your lifestyle geared toward heart health right away, whether you are 20, 30, or 50. These heart health changes will largely benefit your standard of living, allowing you to flourish comfortably and healthfully for years to come!
•For premium heart health supplements, try Pomology Heart Health and Vita-Heart Blood Pressure Support Formula.