7 Rules for Overall Wellness
7 Rules for Overall Wellness
The jury is finally in, and the top rules for overall wellness have been confirmed! If you are on a regular diet and exercise plan, you can do everything in your power to lose weight and enhance your health, but if you are not following these rules, you won't see the wellness results that you are hoping for.
Diet and exercise do matter when it comes to wellness.
The bottom line is that if you are hoping to lose weight, increase your fitness results, or even improve your overall health, you cannot have one without the other when it comes to diet and exercise. Many people try to simply diet, which will not provide the results you are hoping for in weight loss if you don't exercise as well. On the flipside, if you are exercising and training to bulk up and build muscle mass, you still won't see results if you don't have a healthy diet and supplement program. The best thing that you can do for yourself is to focus on both components in a complete diet and exercise program to see true results. When you couple that with the top overall wellness rules, you can't lose!
Here we go...
1. When it comes to wellness, get your rest. This is a wellness rule that is as old as time, but it is so important to focus on getting regular rest for your overall wellness. Every person is different for this wellness rule, but it should range anywhere from 7 to 9 hours per night. The best thing that you can do for yourself is to sleep until you wake up comfortably, if you have that luxury without an alarm clock. On top of that, try to go to sleep at the same time every night, even if it is on the weekend. When you disrupt your regular sleeping schedule, you wake up more tired than you would like because your body's internal clock has been disturbed.
2. Exercise regularly. This is a top wellness rule that will contribute to your overall health, regardless of your physical condition. Again, this wellness rule is something that can be tailored to every person since bodybuilders and athletes may be prone to heavier exercise. Even if you are simply hoping to maintain your physique and promote health, regular exercise is a top wellness rule. It is recommended to get a minimum of 2 hours and 30 minutes of aerobic activity on a weekly basis for your wellness, as well as two days of muscle strength training. Which leads us to...
3. Don't forget to exercise your muscles. This is something that so many people lack within their newfound zeal for exercise to promote wellness. Yes, it is wonderful to have cardiovascular fitness for your wellness, but if you are not coupling that with building muscle, you are seriously handicapping your results. One of the main wellness benefits to building muscle mass for the average exerciser is that muscle burns more calories than fat at rest. If you are hoping to maintain your weight for wellness, simply having lean muscle mass will allow you to shed extra pounds while you sit at your desk every day. It doesn't get any better than that! For wellness benefits, it is recommended to have two days of muscle training on a weekly basis.
4. Consider your diet. For wellness benefits, you can't simply exercise like crazy and eat anything you want. It unfortunately won't work! Eating right is not just about losing weight, so if you are not hoping to lose weight, it still provides wellness benefits to focus on your diet. This can prevent premature aging, disease, fatigue, and even negative effects on your body due to stress. It is important to focus on your protein intake, as well as whole grains, fruits, and vegetables to provide greater wellness benefits in balancing your diet.
5. Take supplements geared toward your lifestyle. This is something that many people overlook, but you do need to put thought into what type of wellness supplements that you invest in. It is not effective to simply purchase any multivitamin that you find on the shelves, especially when wellness supplements have a variety of different choices. Do you need a specific women's wellness vitamin? Do you need a men's wellness protein supplement? Do you need an organic hemp protein supplement to provide wellness benefits as a vegetarian? As you can see, every person is quite unique in their lifestyle plan, so determine your level of activity, specific dietary needs, and even your gender when it comes to choosing the right wellness supplement.
6. Take the opportunity to relax. Nearly everyone on the planet is stressed out, which is why relaxation is the main contributing factor to your wellness. Do whatever works for you, whether it be getting a massage, taking a walk, or simply eating lunch outdoors to promote wellness. It is also a great idea to integrate yoga into your regular workout program, whether you are a bodybuilder, competitive athlete, or recreational exerciser. Yoga provides wellness benefits in stretching and lengthening the muscles, allowing you to workout even more effectively within your regular program.
7. Drink more water! This is a wellness benefit that so many people overlook, but keep in mind that your body is made up of 75% water. If you hope to promote wellness, there is no better way to do so than by focusing on your hydration. This will reduce fatigue, boost metabolism, and also help you sleep better at night. H2O is truly something you can't live without when it comes to wellness.
Practice wellness regularly!
The wellness and health rules listed above are not a onetime activity, but they are truly wellness practices to last for a lifetime. These wellness rules encompass every area of your life, and when you have the opportunity to practice all of them, they provide the balance that you have been looking for. It becomes pretty obvious when one of these areas of your life is out of whack because it will dramatically affect your overall wellness for the worse. When you get enough sleep, exercise, eat well, take supplements, relax, and drink enough water, you will see serious health and wellness benefits in your everyday activities to last for a lifetime.
- For women's wellness, try Sante Nutra Vitelle Female Wellness Packs.
- For a men's wellness multivitamin, try Men's Daily Multivitamin Formula.
- For a vegetarian wellness protein supplement, try Complete Vegetarian Protein.