6 Things You Must Know Before You Buy Vitamin C
6 Things You Must Know Before You Buy Vitamin C
Vitamin C is a vitamin that definitely has some buzz about it, but why do you really need it in your daily life? For starters, are you hoping to look younger? Are you hoping to have healthy bones? Would you like your wounds to heal quicker? Would you like to prevent disease in your body?
I'm sure that so many people can answer yes to these questions, and if that is the case, then you are the perfect candidate for a vitamin C supplement! To begin, we will go over the 6 things you must know before you buy vitamin C as a supplement. Here we go...
1. Vitamin C supports a healthy immune system. You may have heard that vitamin C is a common cold remedy, but there is more to it than that. Vitamin C may not necessarily cure the common cold, but it reduces the risk of further infection within the body. One of the main reasons is that vitamin C is an antioxidant, which means that it effectively neutralizes free radical damage in the body. Free radical damage comes from a number of outside sources, like pollution, smoking, physical and emotional stress, and sun exposure. For this reason, vitamin C will work to prevent damage in the cells of the body, helping you to not only stay stronger, but also look younger. Which leads us to...
2. Vitamin C helps you to stay young! So many people are looking for the eternal fountain of youth, which you may find in vitamin C as a supplement. Vitamin C works to rejuvenate cells inside the body, and vitamin C also reduces aging in the skin significantly. Vitamin C prevents severe wrinkles, dryness of the skin, and improves the skin tone. This directly connects to the vitamin C benefit above in that free radical damage to the skin can cause severe wrinkling. If you are intaking vitamin C as a supplement, it will prevent damage underneath the complexion, which often can form fine lines and wrinkles if it is untreated. Vitamin C also works to produce collagen, which is the substance underneath the surface of your skin that is responsible for making it firm and strong. The bottom line is that if you want firm and supple skin like you when you were a teenager, vitamin C is the supplement to have on your side.
3. Vitamin C improves your overall well-being. If you have an immune system that has been weakened from stress, vitamin C can provide balance and protection. Almost everyone these days is quite stressed from everyday life, meaning that vitamin C is a vital supplement to rejuvenate the immune system. This is especially true if you drink alcohol, smoke, or are obese. If you have any number of risk factors in your life, vitamin C is the supplement that you are looking for to give you nutrients to elevate your mood and reduce levels of stress. Ah...
4. Vitamin C provides advanced wound healing. One of the main benefits to a vitamin C supplement is that it will quickly heal wounds in the body, and it also works to keep your gums healthy. You may be familiar with the disease called scurvy that plagued sailors years ago who did not have enough vitamin C. They developed swollen and black gums without a regular intake of vitamin C to promote gum health. If you have an issue with overall health or wounds that don't heal, vitamin C is the perfect supplement choice to prevent your gums from bleeding, heal wounds, and reduce excessive bruising.
5. Vitamin C is vital for exercise. Overall, a vitamin C supplement will aid in the growth and repair of tissue in the body, which is exactly what you need if you are an athlete training or a bodybuilder. It may be difficult to bounce back from your workouts with minimal recovery time, but vitamin C is the perfect supplement to help you do so. As was mentioned earlier, vitamin C promotes collagen synthesis, which not only keeps your face looking youthful, but it also supports the connective tissue found between the bones. This means that it will help your whole body to maintain its youth, which is especially necessary if you want to have the strength to workout hard on a regular basis.
6. Vitamin C supports bone health. For women, it is very difficult to get enough calcium in the diet to prevent osteoporosis. So what does that have to do with vitamin C? Vitamin C is a supplement promotes the deposit of calcium within the bones, further preventing the onset of osteoporosis in women and elderly men. This is something that is helpful to any type of exerciser for his or her lifestyle since calcium is necessary to protect the bones with the help of vitamin C. Since vitamin C also works to strengthen connective tissues in the body, you can count on your joints, ligaments, tendons, and bones being in tip top shape when you take vitamin C as a supplement.
Vitamin C can be used for a number of purposes
The bottom line is that if you want to see benefits in any facet of your life, vitamin C is the supplement for you. From the examples above, vitamin C will work to help boost the immune system, and vitamin C will also elevate your mood if you are stressed or fatigued. Overall, you can use the helpful supplement of vitamin C to fight disease and prevent damage underneath the surface of the skin that can often cause severe wrinkling.
Vitamin C can be taken in a supplement.
If you are concerned about getting enough vitamin C regularly, you may not need to load up on citrus fruits just yet. You can get your recommended daily value of vitamin C within supplements, which are often deliciously chewable. Make sure to find a complete vitamin C supplement that has the recommended daily value of vitamin C, in addition to other healthy vitamins and minerals. This is your recipe for success!
- For vitamin C and bioflavonoids, try NOW Vitamin C 1000 or Nu-Life Vitamin C Chewable.
- For a vegetarian vitamin C supplement, try Progressive Vitamin C Complex.